Thursday, July 5, 2007

For Mom


My dear mom passed away on June 28. Although she had been ill, her death came much sooner than expected. She was a kind, interesting, and funny woman who loved her family, all kinds of handwork, volunteering and doing crossword puzzles. She was a lady in every sense of the word.

If you have read my previous posts, you know that my dad passed away at the end of May. I can't help but think that she wanted to be with him. They were married for 64 years and knew each other since they were children. She recently told my aunt that she was "crazy about the guy".

After she died, there was a heavy thunderstorm. When that had ended, my niece Amy stood up and said excitedly, "Look out the window!" We raised the blinds at her hospital window and saw a huge rainbow stretched across the sky.

Thanks for the sign, Mom.
We love you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss Judy.

deb said...

How difficult for you. Keep the memories alive as that always helps me. And yes, now they are together for ever truly. Thinking of you.

Judy Scott said...

wonderful memories though and the rainbow is wonderful, it was a blackbird that came to visit us after my mum died, god bless you ~ Judy in Scotland

Unknown said...

What a beautiful woman and a lovely legacy! 64 years! What a testimony in this day and age. And, to still be crazy about the guy!

I do pray that you are adjusting. I still have both my parents, so I can only imagine what emotions you must be sorting through. My husband's parents are gone, so we've been through it on his side.

Blessings to YOU,
KJ