Monday, October 1, 2007

October

This is my favorite month! I love the crispness in the air on an October day in New England. The colors of the leaves, the chill in the air, the promise of winter... I know that many people hate to see the summer end, but to me, this is the most beautiful time of year.
I'm anxious for Harvest Fairs, walking through the leaves, even raking them!!(although I'll regret saying that when my back aches!)
Which reminds me, I'd better get to work on some items for my Arts & Crafts Society's Annual Fair later in the month!! I have a few projects started and will post them when they are completed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. The colors seem to float. I love it.

Kris said...

I love raking leaves as well. I wait eagerly for things to start dropping so I can add to compost piles. Indeed, I've been known to wander the neighbourhood raking leaves up off the verge for my garden.