Thursday, November 5, 2009

AED Day 5 - Enjoying Art


Today, instead of making art, I appreciated art! I went to A Quilter's Gathering, a quilt show in Nashua, NH with friends Andrea, Pam and SooKhim. In addition to looking at all the beautiful quilts, we hit the vendors mall and I couldn't resist picking up a few pieces of fabric, some beads and an embroidery kit!
                                
I also want to show some atcs exchanged at the recent craft days I shared with Elaine and Karen. These are the cards Karen made for Elaine and me (click to enlarge). She used cotton and silk fabrics, ribbon trim and beading. Such rich colors!



Elaine made a whole batch of atcs, which Karen and I took turns choosing. All are made from cut paper, with Elaine's special touch! Below are more of Elaine's paper cuttings.






So, even though I didn't get to make art today, I feel like I soaked up some arty vibes from other people!
I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a productive day!




4 comments:

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Art & friends, what a wonderful combination! :)

Karen L R said...

Missing you, Judy...

Libby Fife said...

Oh my goodness! I love Elaine's paper cuttings! If you speak to her and can do it, please tell her how much I admire them.

Thank you again for the pics-what a treat!

quiltcat said...

What a lovely time you ladies had together! to say i wish i had been there is an understatement. The ATCs are all lovely, and Elaine's paper cuttings are magnificent! they remind me of some of my favorite children's book illustrations...and how appropriate that the kids are reading. The expressions on all of their faces is priceless. (and of course i love the kitty on the back of the armchair.)