Monday, November 9, 2009

AED Day 9 - Work in Progress




This wall hanging was buried in my "unfinished works"drawer until I pulled it out last week. I couldn't seem to get the colors right in this photo, but it has a lot of lavender-to-fuschia coloring and many shades of green. The entire piece is fused in place, so now I have to decide how I will finish off all the raw edges. Satin stitch? Straight stitch? Hand embroidery? And I do want to add beading to this one, as well as other embellishments. I want the finished result to sparkle!



7 comments:

Simone said...

My goodness! You have been busy over the last week Judy! The quilt is beautiful as are all of your creations. Well done on including art every day into your life.x

Cat said...

This is just bloomin' beautiful. It is so happy! Have fun with it.

quiltcat said...

maybe a loose decorative machine stitch around the edge? some of those feathery looking designs? (i think satin stitch might be too heavy, taking away from how the colors flow together) Handstitching like crazy quilt embroidery would be fun, pretty, time consuming...and maybe difficult through the fusible. What a fun piece!

Lori said...

Ok you are inspiring the heck out of me! I am so interested to see what you are doing next!

Ana said...

Dear Judy,
This is truly breathlss. It is amazing how much texture and material is involved. Sounds like you have lots of directions in which to go in for the final touch up of this piece. Whatever route you take I know it will be right one for you, and one which you shall be very happy with.
I love the fact that it's a wall hanging too, I can just imagine it hanging delicatetly on a wall.
Well done, it's lovely. :)
Will you be keeping it on your own wall, or giving it away?

Judy Hartman said...

I am so grateful for all of your comments.
So happy with suggestions for finishing it, too!
Ana, I have no idea what I will do with it!!

Gayle said...

Oh, two of my favorite colors together...this is beautiful.