Monday, March 15, 2010

A Lovely Visit

Since my last post, I've been to Toronto for a few days with my husband to visit our daughter Kate. Lovely visit, less than lovely weather!! Heavy wind and rain, and more of the same when we returned to Boston!


While in Toronto we visited the AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario), a fantastic museum, where we enjoyed the paintings, sculpture, contemporary installations, and a wonderful collection of Canadian native art. Being something of a  people-watcher, I also got a kick out of the little children in their brightly colored outfits, looking so adorable as they tagged along after their parents. I made some hasty sketches in my notebook and today I plan to translate them into fabric pictures.


By the way, if you've read my blog recently you know that I experimented with a textured background. Unfortunately some people had trouble reading the text, which I understood when I viewed it on someone else's monitor. So, I am back to basics, which is just fine.

Still raining here, but I'm staying in today, drinking tea and working with fabric. What could be better?

Hope you are having a great start to your week as you read this. Despite the bad weather here, Spring is on its way - I just know it!!

Have a terrific day!!

5 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Glad you had a nice visit. I did love the little sketches. I have been really interested in illustration lately, especially what can be found in children's books. They (the pictures) can be really charming.

Carrie P. said...

So glad you had a good time. I love to visit art museums too.

Unknown said...

I am impressed that you are managing 2 blogs, Judy! And, both are beautiful!

Hugs, KJ

Bia, from Brazil said...

I love to watch kids reactions before they are tought how they´re supposed to politely react. Like to see what catches their attention and will probably echo in their imaginery forever.
I can see you´ve got plenty of material to work on, although the sketches are great themselves.

supplies overflowing! said...

I'm looking forward to your fabric creations that will be based on your sketches-
Glad you had a good trip.