Sunday, July 18, 2010

What I'm working On

I feel like I've been letting my blog go lately, but I hope to improve on that. I really want to keep to my subject - fabric art - but lately these two little monkeys seem to be distracting me!


I have been working on a couple of things, so I'll share pictures of them in progress, then later show the finished results.



This piece is called "Little Critic" and is taken from a sketch I did in March in a museum in Toronto. The child I sketched was younger, but this little outfit is similar to the one she wore, and she looked up at the paintings in that same way! When composing this picture, I used commercial fabrics with machine and hand stitching. I still have a bit more stitching to do on it, as well as a border, but it's getting there!!




This other piece is a picture of yours truly with Rosie and Angus. I'm using felt and hand stitching it. It really has a long way to go, so this is just a sneak peek!

It's very hot here in Massachusetts so we're all trying to keep cool! The cats are stretched out on the hardwood floor, Bill and I did a bit of yard work (Bill more than me!) and now we're inside enjoying the air conditioning. I'm working on a project for the kitties which involves sewing - I'll show it to you soon!

Stay cool and take care!!

6 comments:

Lyn said...

Judy I can see why they keep taking your attention away! they are so very cute, but growing up fast!
The little girl is lovely and I can't wait to see the other finished.
Love
Lyn
xxx

Libby Fife said...

I can honestly say that I just love all of your people, including your own portrait! Those kitties are just so cute too!

I remember when my girls were little kittens-I could hold them both for a time in one hand:)

She Who Doodles said...

i think you just found the topic for your next series. there should be lots of fun pieces to come from watching those two little kitties play and romp around.

Carrie P. said...

Yay! for air conditioning. I think is it hot everywhere. Your real kitties and wool kitties are so cute.
The little girl is so sweet.

Simone said...

I can see that the kitties have made a big impact on your life! I love the textile picture of the girl in the art gallery and the one in progress too. You have got the shapes of your kitties heads spot on! x

quiltcat said...

Angus and Rosie are so cute!! I hope they bring you many years of joy!...and i love those two fabric art pieces...will be eager to see how they look when done.