Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New England Blizzard

I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again:
I love New England!!
Even in the midst of a 24 hour blizzard, I can honestly say,
I love every season in this beautiful part of the country!
And, although this scene greeted me when I opened the garage door,
and I went out twice to shovel out a place for Bill to park when he got home
from work, I still loved the excitement of the falling snow, 
the kids on our street building snowmen, and the beauty of the frosted trees.
When I had nearly finished shoveling the driveway, thankful that I've
been lifting weights at the gym for a year, I looked up at my
studio window and thought, 'now to go in and create something'!

But when I got inside, made a cup of cocoa, and saw these two 
munchkins sacked out in their beds
(little Rosie in the big bed, bigger Angus in the little bed)
I decided to sit and relax!!
Creativity will have to wait for another day!

Hope your day is going well!

9 comments:

Lyn said...

Judy, your snow makes the bit we had look very sad! good job you could turn your back on it and snuggle down and relax.
Keep Warm
love
Lyn
xxx

Juliette said...

Judy, every time I read your blog, I realize that we have so much in common. Even though we live on seperate coast, you the East and me, the West, I feel we are kindred spirits. I love the snow and cold weather too. It makes me want to stay in and bake and paint and drink hot cocoa and sit by the fire and read. Too many things to do in one day, but I manage. I'm so glad we met even though we have not met in person. Have a beautiful, creative day.

Julie

Simone said...

It's lovely to be cosy inside when it is so cold outside isn't it? The cats are so funny with the small one favouring the big bed and the bigger cat favouring the small - or maybe he had no choice?!!! x

Anne Butera said...

What a great post! You've really captured the wonder of winter. I'm loving winter here in Wisconsin, too. So great to enjoy each of the seasons when they're here in all their glory.

summer girl said...

It really was a good storm, wasn't it? I spent the time looking out the window and reading, reading, reading in front of the fireplace! Reality returns tomorrow.
love, j

Libby Fife said...

The snow makes everything really quiet, don't you think? Best to snuggle down and enjoy the kitties:)

tea time and roses said...

Hello Dear Judy,

The snow is indeed beautiful!! Truly a winter wonderland! I'm afraid we do not get all that lovely snow, oh how I wish we did, but the chill and quietness of winter here in southern California has been quite nice.:o)

Happy weekend to you dear friend.

Smiles♥

Beverly

She Who Doodles said...

beautiful. we haven't had much snow here yet just alot of rain. kitties look warm and cozy, totally oblivious to it all. enjoy the weekend.

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the "Cat Soup" photo...who needs TV with these two clowns! Lovely snow photos...brings back memories of the large picture window in Cambridge apartment (remember!) BUT also the tons of parking tickets for parking on Cambridge streets during the snow storms...YES YES YES, I can attest to your Lasagna skills - Stay warm and dry dear friend! Ann (San Diego)