Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy March!


Recently, the fragrance of a hyacinth plant in the supermarket stirred up a strong yearning in me for green grass, leaves and flowers. I settled for my favorite plant - miniature daffodils, wrapped in the brightest of yellow papers.


Of course, Miss Rosie had to investigate....


and later, Angus wondered what was under the soil.


And, although we had another 5 inches of snow last week...


I can see that the forsythia bush outside my porch window
 is busily preparing
to sprout new blossoms when the weather cooperates.
All things in due time,
but meanwhile I think I'll cut a few branches,
 bring them inside,
and enjoy a pre-Spring showing  when
they burst into bloom!

Wishing everyone a happy March !!!

8 comments:

Karen L R said...

same to you, judy!

Anonymous said...

Happy March to you too :). I love the joy and happiness in your fabric painting!
Stay inspired!

sharon said...

Wish I could watch over your shoulder while you're working with fabrics and paints. There is such joy and an element of sweetness to your work.
Love how your cats like to help with whatever is going on. And potted plants are double the adventure: greens and soil to investigate! Our Dovey and Mya could easily double for Rosie and Angus in your photos.
And please do cut branches of forsythia. Nothing celebrates March quite like them.
Here's to the pleasures of the month!

Libby Fife said...

I bet the kitties wondered about all of that green and yellow after the white and gray! I have my fingers crossed for an early Spring for you:)

Your little girl and tree are very, very sweet:)

Pam Perras said...

Hi Judy,
I love your post—the art, pictures and sentiments. Spring IS coming! It's wonderful (and reassuring) to notice the hints around us. :) YAY!

Judy Hartman said...

Thank you so much for your comments, Karen, Michelle, Sharon, Libby and Pam.
Yes, Spring will be here before we know it!
Sharon, I agree that our kitties resemble each other in certain photos. I do intend to take in some forsythia boughs!!

Anne Butera said...

Happy March to you, too, Judy!!

Love the little girl celebrating spring!

Simone said...

I am so happy it is March! I feel as happy as the little girl under the tree. I have some forsythia in my garden. I have never thought to cut some and bring it inside - but I will now! x