Wednesday, November 2, 2011

AEDM Day 2

                
After the Rain

This is a piece of fabric art I had fused together a few years ago, but never stitched. I used some of my hand painted fabrics, commercial cottons and sheer fabrics for the background trees and yellows on the grass. It is backed by thin craft batting, so when I stitched it all down today, it took on a bit of a quilted look. I love the way trees in Autumn look after it rains. The colors of the leaves intensify and the trunks become nearly black with moisture. 

Hope everyone is having a great week!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is simply stunning Judy!!! I love it. What size is it? I can imagine this matted and framed. Happy AEDM :).
Stay inspired!

Judy Hartman said...

Thanks, Michelle!! It is about 8"x10" and yes, I may mat it! Thanks for the suggestion! Happy AEDM to you, too!

Heather Brush said...

It's beautiful!

sharon said...

Judy,
After the Rain... you've captured one of my all time favorite autumn combinations. I've often felt fall colors show best under grey skies or while damp from rain. Beautiful image and such fine workmanship. Nice that you had left it undone before and that you've finished it now.

Shayla said...

I love it. My mother was a fiber artist and this reminds me of her. Your colors are so happy.

totsymae said...

Beautiful. Great craftsmanship too.

Joni Nickrent said...

Beautiful work! Popping by from AEDM!POP ART MINIS

Judy Hartman said...

I thank each of you who took the time to look and leave such nice comments! I really appreciate them.

Sandy Coleman said...

This is absolutely majestic! Beautiful.