Friday, May 11, 2012

Another May Painting

In my effort to do a painting every day in May,
as proposed by Dana on her blog,
I've come through six days out of eleven!
Here's today's effort:


This is an orchid I brought as a house gift to a friend a couple of years ago.
It was so pretty I took a photo, and just now pulled it out.


I dug out this little set of Windsor Newton watercolors
 I got  about forty years ago. I think it was called a "field" set, easy to carry when painting outside. 

It's interesting to me that I used to draw and paint frequently as a young woman,
but when my daughter was born, I became intrigued with fabric used as an art medium.
Also, my 'alone time' was lessened by the business of motherhood 
and my concentration definitely shifted. 

It's a bit of synchronicity that I responded to Dana's challenge 
when I saw it on Anne's blog. I'm enjoying making these little paintings and am thinking 
of doing more - definitely, at least, for the rest of May!! 

Hope your week has been a good one!!

Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

Nedra Weaver said...

Judy, I did not know you were a painter!! the May paintings are just beautiful. I especially love the orchid for today. I'm amazed the paint from 40 years ago is still usable!!!

Lorinda.C.F said...

Judy, your painting is wonderful!!! I love that the paints, just like your talents, have stood the test of time! xx

Karen L R said...

multitalented. that's what you are, judy. very.

xo

Simone said...

It is a lovely painting Judy. I especially like how you have captured the terracota pot! x

Anne Butera said...

I love, love, love, love, LOVE this painting! Just beautiful! I'm so glad you decided to try the painting challenge for this month!