Monday, November 4, 2013

Houston and Art Every Day Month, Day 4

I'm back from the International Quilt Festival in Houston and just beginning Art Every Day month.

On the plane ride home from Houston, I did this sketch of my 2 cats in the kitchen.


The quilt show was amazing, just amazing, and I'll share some photos a few at a time.


Inside of this entrance was a world of beauty, imagination and skill which I'll remember for a long time.


Of all the many, many beautiful quilts on display, this was my favorite.




I'll show more photos every day this week.
Meanwhile, a big hello to my fellow Art Every Day participants!
Thank you, Leah, as always for hosting this inspiring event!

Have an art-filled week!!

6 comments:

Simone said...

Great sketch of the kitties! The quilt of the dog is beautiful. Such detail and movement in the fur. x

Terrie said...

Great sketch! - I always admire people who can draw since I'm limited to simple, basic flower and tree shapes :) That quilt is stunning - hard to believe it's fabric! visiting from AEDM

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying AEDM this year. Great sketch!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never heard of microfused applique. I'll have to look it up, because it looked like thread painting to me when I first saw it.

Regardless, it is wonderful and the gal who dyed her own fabric makes me want to get some fabric out and do the same. There's nothing better than dyeing your own fabric.

I enjoyed your sketch of your cats, too. Bleubeard is jealous, because he knows I can't draw anything (grin). Welcome to AEDM.

Carmen said...

Thanks for stopping by yesterday Judy :) This is my first time taking part in AED.

love your little stretching kitties :) That quilt is amazing - as someone who is very much a learner when it comes to sewing - that kind of thing just boggles my brain. What a stunner!

alarmcat said...

wow…these quilts are really amazing. i love your drawing of the kitties….i can't resist drawings with cats :)