Friday, August 28, 2015

Daily Sketch and Quilt Shows


This is a little bird statue that lives in my kitchen windowsill.
I've been having to photograph my sketches at night and they 
come out this yellowed tone, despite my efforts to edit them.
Anyway, I'm getting bored with what I'm doing, so I'm planning to do
some more colorful themes and even some collages.

Also, here are a few photos I took at quilt shows this week.
These first images are from a quilt exhibit at the 
New England Quilt Museum in Lowell, MA -
"Carol Bryer Fallert: A Retrospective"




Exquisite work!!

And these pictures are from an exhibit called "Out of The Blue"
at the Whistler House Museum of Art, also in Lowell.

Artist: Betty Busby

Artist: Sarah Ann Smith

Artist: Deborah Babin

Also a very enjoyable show!

Hope you have a great weekend!




3 comments:

Anne Butera said...

Those quilts are amazing. And your bird statue is sweet. Trying new things and branching out with techniques in your sketchbook is the fun part. I'm still stuck on sketching with ink, but I don't feel like I'm "done" with it yet. I think we know when we're ready to move on. When Dana was first doing her daily sketchbook she would give each week's pages a theme. So many different possibilities!

So glad to see you in such a creative flow!

sharon said...

Oh how I wish I could have seen Carol Bryer Fallert's retrospective. I visited her studio/shop in Paducah in April of 2014 just before she sold it and moved out west with her new husband. I bought a piece of her fabric and had her autograph it in the salvage. It was a gift for Anne. I just love Carol's quilts. The colors really speak to me.
I so enjoy your sketches, Judy. And it's a treat to "visit" with you so frequently these days.

Karen L R said...

so much beauty in one post!
thanks for sharing, judy.
xo