Monday, December 19, 2016

'Twas the Week Before Christmas...

I'm a bit behind in my preparations for Christmas, as usual, but so far, no panicking! As I dig through the remnants of materials used to make artwork for two different shows this Fall, I keep coming across old or unfinished projects. Here are a few I've found:

These two snowscapes, which need a few stitches
 and some bright red cardinals to complete them...




My hand embroidery, which is nearly finished.
I added some color and I'll add more stitches after the holidays…


And an older fabric appliqué, made with sheer fabrics and beads.


I'm so looking forward to having our daughter here for Christmas and her boyfriend
Jason arriving Monday. We'll have some good conversations, cooking and eating sessions,
lots of laughter, perhaps a movie or two, a visit to my sister, and some much needed advice 
from daughter to mother about my various electronic devices!!


Our tree is on the porch, away from the cats, until Christmas eve 
when we'll bring it in to decorate with treasured ornaments.
For now the lights are festive enough!

I hope that your week is going well, not too stressful
and filled with anticipation, as mine is!

xo Judy


2 comments:

sharon said...

When I spotted your sheer fabric piece I gasped out loud at the amazing vase. The flowers remind me of hellebores that bring such hope as winter fades. Your choices of greens, placed as if they'd been painted, creates such depth. And just what is that wee bird thinking about?
Your home looks so happy in anticipation of Katie's arrival. I am so pleased for you all, Judy.

Karen L R said...

Have a blast with Kate!!!!
(And take notes on her electronic tips...maybe you can help the rest of us techno-dinosaurs).